Hi Roland,

Thanks for the followup. I've created a proper git rep on github rather than
just a gist. Most of my github reps seem to be this kind of mini demonstration
project and I was trying to avoid yet another one.

https://github.com/SheffieldKevin/swift-objectivec

> What version of Xcode are you using by the way, Swift is so flux-y at the
> moment it probably makes a difference.

I'm now running release Yosemite and release Xcode 6.1. That appears to me to
make no difference.

I still can't assign to the optional property of my protocol.

You can ignore the ImageProvider2 class, I've just included it for
completeness. It doesn't have a protocol and just declares the property itself.

So with my protocol I've done something similar to what you did if I've
interpreted your discussion correctly. I've got two properties, one that is
required and one that is optional.

Everything works fine for the required property. But I still can't get the
optional one to work.

In ImageProvider.m you'll see that the MakeImageProvider function assigns a
block to the optional property and in SupplyCreateImage.swift I've commented
out the assignment. I've provided the example this way so that it can be seen
that it works when done using objective-c. But if you comment out the
assignment to the optional property of the block, and uncomment the line in the
swift file you'll see that the command line tool no longer compiles.

Like you I've tried the use of the optional and playing around with casting but
I've not actually got the code to compile this way.

Kevin