> On Oct 21, 2014, at 2:44 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:
>
> 10.10, Xcode 6.1, using Arc.
>
> The following code works fine, with USE_INVOCATION defined or not:

[...]

> Without USE_INVOCATION defined, I get some compiler warning about potential
> leaks, because selector is unknown.
>
> But with USE_INVOCATION defined, it will crash later (when all has been
> done), obviously while cleaning an AutoreleasePool:

[...]

> Seems like Arc (or I) is somehow confused.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Start with the Allocations instrument. It will show you the retain/release
history of the dead object.

(My guess is that the bug is the call to -getReturnValue:. That method simply
copies the return value's bytes into the destination variable, but ARC thinks
the destination variable stores a retained pointer. The Allocations instrument
should show that the returned object is the one that is used after
deallocation.)

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler