> On 2014 Oct 28, at 09:44, Saunderson, Rik <rik.saunder...@baesystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

I’ve seen Xcode do weird stuff like this too - just yesterday as a matter of
fact, with an Xcode 6.1 beta.  Particularly with the “Expected identifier or
whatever” nonsense, I think that there maybe nonprinting characters have
slipped into your code, or maybe characters that are way off on the right end
of the line, out of the window, so you can’t see them.  What eventually works
for me is to delete and re-type the code, starting where Xcode has flagged the
problem, and proceeding upward until the errors go away.  It also might help to
quit and relaunch Xcode during the process.