It's a color space that only contains a white and alpha component. Hue
doesn't make sense in an all white space. It's like if we were talking
about a train that only goes between NYC and DC, and you asked "How long
does it take for that train to reach London?" You can't ask that question
because the train doesn't go there. It doesn't have that degree of freedom.

Your second example has white in a RGB color space. That does have the
freedom to give you hue.