Hello list,
I've subclassed NSView before, doing all my setup in init withFrame, and it
works fine. Now, though, I'm using Swift in Xcode 6.1 to build a project
against 10.10, and I'm getting an error that I need to implement
initWithCoder:NSCoder.

The problem is that the documentation says nothing about this, so I'm not sure
which initializer is called when. That is, where do I put all my setup to
ensure it gets called? I'd rather not do it twice, since I'm afraid one or the
other initializer could get called when I don't expect it and set things up as
though the app had just launched.

I can't find much of anything on this initWithCoder requirement, so I'm at a
loss as to where to set things up, and even what to pass the initializer for an
NSCoder. I'd appreciate any links or other resources, or just explanations,
anyone can provide. Thanks. Oh, here's the page I'm looking at, among many
others on Google:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSView_Class/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000014-SW10

--
Have a great day,