I have an app that must process sqlite hosted data that contains Gregorian UTC
dates.
I want to ignore the local locale entirely and use Gregorian UTC through out.

At present I am carefully configuring all my NSDatePickers controls and all
NSDateComponents calculations to use a specified Gregorian UTC timezoned
calendar.

Is this the best I can do, or am I missing a trick somewhere?

.NET has the concept of a thread culture that defines this sort of thing for a
given thread..

Thanks

Jonathan