On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 17:45:13 -0600, Fritz Anderson said:

>OS X application, Yosemite (host and target), Xcode 6.1, all-Swift. If
>you duplicate (save-as) an existing document, the new document appears
>on disk with external journaling files (SHM, WAL).

I just noticed this the other day (in 10.9.5) after switching my app from 10.8
SDK to 10.9 SDK (for the v2 gatekeeper changes).

Pathetic that it's not fixed in 10.10!

>It is impossible to state how undesirable this is without descending
>into sarcasm.

I guess it says a lot about the state of NSPersistentDocument. :(

Check out Mike Abdullah's BSManagedDocument if you can.

>The solutions I’ve seen from a web search are a year or more old, and
>have proven ineffective.
>
>What is the current thinking on this? This is another of those things
>that are so conspicuous that I must be missing something obvious.

Jerry Krinock's solutions, that you no doubt found googling, seem to be working
for me, but I don't like swizzling if I can avoid it.

I actually just opened a DTS incident on this the other day, no word back yet.
Will follow up here.

Cheers,