> On 18 Nov 2014, at 1:50 pm, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>

>> Which suggests you're right, it's not my bug. You'd think Apple would deal
>> with these before a major OS release.
>>

> Ha ha. I feel Apple have adopted the same relaxed attitude to that 'courtesy
> notice’ as I have. They did fix one during the iOS6 betas, which was good as
> it came up just about every time you used a non-English keyboard and was very
> annoying.

Yep, it's very annoying. It's either serious, in which case it should be fixed,
or it's not serious, in which case they should change the wording of the
message to say so. Especially as I suspect every CGxxx function starts with the
preamble:

if( context == NULL )
{
        LogPanickyWarningMessage();
        return;
}

... continue ...

In other words if it does get a nil context, it does nothing, so whatever call
stack led to that point just unwinds without drawing anything. That's fine, but
what's the BS about "contributing to an overall degradation of system stability
and reliability"?

--Graham