Hello Cocoaphiles, ;)

I've just started experimenting with NSStackView, and I'm having a very
interesting problem which I can't solve. I've scoured the auto layout guides on
Apple's website as well as the NSStackViewdocumentation, and can't seem to find
anything.

My problem is that I have two identical NSScrollView objects (each with an
embedded NSTextView) which are loaded from nib files. When I add these views to
my stack view, the one that is added first takes up 100% of the available
space, and the second collapses completely down to the bottom with a height of
2 pixels while taking up all available horizontal space. In effect, this looks
like the first view is the only one in the window. Here's what it currently
looks like:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/2tEwm.png

It's nearly impossible to see in this example because of the background color,
but the scroll view ends a couple pixels above the bottom of the window. Here's
a better view from the view hierarchy inspector, where I have this 2 pixel high
view selected:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/XJeG5.png

Here's the relevant setup code:

// Load the stack view
self.inputViewController = [[NSViewController alloc]
initWithNibName:@"Document_TextInputView" bundle:nil];
self.textView = (NSTextView *)[[(NSScrollView *)self.inputViewController.view
contentView] documentView];
self.outputViewController = [[NSViewController alloc]
initWithNibName:@"Document_TextOutputView" bundle:nil];
self.outputView = (NSTextView *)[[(NSScrollView
*)self.outputViewController.view contentView] documentView];
// Add all views into the stack view
[self.stackView addView:self.inputViewController.view
inGravity:NSStackViewGravityTop];
[self.stackView addView:self.outputViewController.view
inGravity:NSStackViewGravityBottom];

self.stackView.orientation = NSUserInterfaceLayoutOrientationVertical;

// Load the text into the window.
[self.textView setString:self.cachedText];
[self.outputView setString:@"=== PROGRAM OUTPUT ===\n"];
[self.codeActionSegmentedControl setEnabled:NO forSegment:1];

From what I understand, the intrinsic content size should prohibit the view
from getting shrunk this small. I'm not too familiar with NSStackView, so any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

— SevenBits