On 30 Nov 2014, at 18:30, Navneet Kumar <navnee...@me.com> wrote:
> I have a custom view in which I am setting the background using NSRectFill()

 What is the current compositing mode set on the current graphics context? Have
you tried using NSRectFillUsingOperation() and passing NSCompositeCopy to make
sure you didn't somehow screw up the current compositing operation setting?

> in drawRect:. I am also adding a text field as subview in this method. The
> textfield is non-selectable, non-editable and is not set to draw background.

 *never* change the view hierarchy in drawRect:. That may work by accident, if
you get lucky, but as, while you are inside drawRect:, your parent view is
iterating over its subviews, you'll be screwing its state up. It might crash,
it might draw one view twice, or seem to skip one.

> When the view comes to front, the background is same, but when it refreshes,
> the area apart from the text field becomes a bit darker and the text field
> area shows the original background, this creates a contrast which I want to
> get rid of.

-- Uli