I accidentally sent this reply to Ken instead of to the list. Here it is, with
the additional note that I cannot build against the 10.9 SDK without
substantially rewriting the application because it uses so much stuff that is
new in the 10.10 SDK.

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 12:15 PM, Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com
> <mailto:k...@codeweavers.com>> wrote:
>
> Is this your first build against the 10.10 SDK?  The framework behaviors are
> often conditional on the version of the SDK against which your app was
> linked.  Can you try linking against the 10.9 SDK as an experiment?

Good idea. Yes, the old version was built against the 10.9 SDK. I'll try that
-- although it occurs to me that I may not be able to because the new version
uses some stuff that is new in 10.10.

In the meantime, I compared all the code of my previous version against the
code of the new version, looking for changes that might cause this difference
in behavior. The only really big change is that my new version makes use of the
new NSVisualEffectView when running under Yosemite. I wonder if Apple
accidentally or on purpose did something in implementing NSVisualEffectView
that would cause this delegate method to be triggered. It doesn't seem likely,
but I can imagine that NSVisualEffectView might be doing things behind the
scenes that are very deep in the system.

--

Bill Cheeseman - b...@cheeseman.name <mailto:b...@cheeseman.name>