Thanks, I¹ll look into that.

It would have been nice if the docs has more explanation of how they are
handling the responder chain for viewControllers. Also, it appears that the
view is now holding a reference to the viewController (when used). However,
it is not public. I wish that would make that reference available, at least
as read-only. That would simplify access for other controllers which need
the reference back to the viewController instead of having to use separate
connected outlets.

We are not intercepting any actions in the viewController, so we changed the
insertions to come after the viewController instead of after the view. No
more infinite loops.

Back in the MacApp days, we had something called ³Behaviors² which could be
added into the responder chain. I had some articles published in the MacApp
journal on using these to handle individual actions like copy, paste, drag,
drop, selections, etc. It looks like at least some of these could now be
handled with custom gesture recognizers.