I have spent several hours looking for a combination of NSSegementedControl of
a given style and/or NSButton of a given style that will look like the buttons
and what appear to be segmented controls in the toolbars of Xcode and Mail in
Yosemite.  So far, I have not found the answer.  Is there any?  Or are these
custom controls?

I’m going to spare the reader my entire flow chart of trials, and instead just
list some of the dead ends below.

• NSSegmentedControl’s “Capsule” style puts a *blue* background on the selected
segment, which becomes a very *dark* blue if the user has switched on "Increase
contrast" in System Preferences > Accessibility.  So, the black lines in my
vector images disappear into the background when their segment is selected :(

• I cannot find any way to turn off the blue.  If I try and white out the blue
by using an opaque white image, I get blue letterbox stripes on the left and
right edges :(

• It would be *really* nice if -[NSImage setTemplate:YES] sent to a monochrome
image would cause it to reverse brightness depending on the highlight color,
the way it works with Status Item icons in the menu bar, or even better yet,
turn blue like they do in Xcode when selected.  That sure seems like the way a
“template” image should work.  Am I missing some trick?

• I realize that if I got a segmented control style that looked proper, I could
use a segmented control with 1 segement to make a button, but I find it hard to
swallow that Apple’s apps would be built that way.

Thanks,

Jerry Krinock