OS X 10.10.1; Xcode Version 6.1.1 (6A2008a)

A window has:

Content View → NSSplitView

top split       NSView → NSBox → 2 NSTextFields + NSScrollView → NSClipView →
NSTableView
bottom  NSView → NSBox → NSScrollView → NSClipView → NSTextView

Xcode shows no warnings.

App works fine, but the first time this window is shown I see:

"Layout still needs update after calling -[NSScrollView layout].  NSScrollView
or one of its superclasses may have overridden -layout without calling super.
Or, something may have dirtied layout in the middle of updating it.  Both are
programming errors in Cocoa Autolayout.  The former is pretty likely to arise
if some pre-Cocoa Autolayout class had a method called layout, but it should be
fixed."

There is no "method called layout".
Neither NSScrollView nor any of its superclasses have been overridden by me.

So remains: "something may have dirtied layout in the middle of updating it".

How can this happen; how to debug this?

Gerriet.