> On Jan 2, 2015, at 9:53 PM, Eden Smallwood <zeppenw...@lafn.org> wrote:
>
>       Why would an RTF data representation be more amenable to blend modes
> than when I’m directly calling [<NSString*> drawInRect:sasdf
> withAttributes:asdfasd] ?

Because the client that's drawing the preview can postprocess the RTF (or more
likely the attributed string it's parsed into) before drawing it, and override
the colors.

I'm not saying this is what's happening; it's just a hypothesis.

I'm curious why you're doing this on 10.6. Is that the only OS version that
this behavior happens on?

—Jens