I'm having a problem with my app on 10.9 that I'm not sure about. The user
chooses a folder via NSPathControl, then I use that to do an NSMetadataQuery
for all images inside that folder. I don't have code signing turned on for this
app yet, but I do have the Sandbox capability turned on. (This is my first
personal project since all this stuff has been introduced.)

If I launch my app, choose a folder, I can run my search on it and everything
is fine. That folder gets stored in user defaults via a binding on the path
control. If I quit and launch again, the path looks correct, yet I get sandbox
errors on that folder and everything inside it:

sandboxd: ([372]) Image Snooper(372) deny file-read-data
/Volumes/Lemmy/Users/sjmills/Pictures

And then it immediately goes off with results from a completely different
folder:

kernel: Sandbox: Image Snooper(372) deny file-read-data
/Volumes/Lemmy/Library/Application Support/iPhoto/Themes/blah blah blah

Note that the Pictures folder in question is NOT in my current user folder, but
in a user folder NOT on the boot volume.

Any ideas?

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek