A few days ago I reported quite a serious bug, which was closed as a duplicate.

It doesn't matter really what my bug was, or the nature of the duplicate.

Apple employees may not be aware that, while us third-party developers
can file bugs at http://bugreport.apple.com/ we cannot read bugs other
than our own.  In addition, the internal Radar UI provides a lot more
to Apple employees than does Radar's external web interface.  That
enables one to discusses trade secrets - not just within Apple, but
from time to time, I myself have disclosed my own trade secrets - or
those of my clients - in order to assist Apple in resolving my bugs.

What I ask is that when Apple's Bug Triage Committee closes a bug as a
duplicate, please indicate whether the other bug - that is, of which
my bug is a duplicate - has itself been resolved, if so what is
required to resolve it (install a particular OS release or what have
you), or whether you could use more information.

In my case I offered to help regress the bug, by trying out different
configs, building source patches from Apple, were it the case that my
bug lay in one of Apple's source components.

Now I do know that you folks can get really busy.  I myself was an
Apple System Software Engineer in the mid-nineties, from time to time
I attended the bug triage meetings.  I know how it can get.

But us third-party developers could help you folks at Apple a great
deal more were you to be more communicative with us.

Thank you for your kind help in this matter.

Respectfully Yours,

Mike
Michael David Crawford, Consulting Software Engineer
mdcrawf...@gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

   Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.