On 2015 Jan 25, at 01:20, Mike Abdullah <mabdul...@karelia.com> wrote:

> You are mistaken. Core Data *does* fire KVO notifications during undo/redo.

Although I wasn’t aware of this, I just did a little experiment and found that
Mike is correct…

http://youtu.be/PUHBAq-Me_4

On 25 Jan 2015, at 06:35, Richard Charles <rcharles...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only solution seems to be to use custom primitive accessors that have
> change notification.  What am I doing wrong?

I would not override the primitive accessors; instead I would override the
regular accessors, or if you are using mogenerator, that has already been done
for you.

The reason I had to run that test is because I don’t use KVO for observing
managed object properties.  Instead, I use NSNotificationCenter, which has
these advantages…

• Amount of code required is the same or less
• Ability to coalesce and filter notifications per object or name
• When an observer is being torn down you can remove all observers with one
line of code,
     [NSNotificationCenter removeObserver:self].
With KVO, if I recall correctly, you need to remember and remove each
observance, arghhhh.

Just my two cents.  There are many ways to do this.