Hello everyone,

I’m hoping someone has seen this before and might know what to do about it:

I’m printing a grid. My app gets the size of the paper from an NSPrintInfo
object; no problem there. It calculates how far apart the grid lines should be;
no problem there. If I print my grid on a bordered sheet (say, US Letter), the
grid prints exactly as I expect it to - if I’ve asked for 4 grid lines per
inch, I get an accurate 4 grid lines per inch. The problem comes up when I
print on a borderless sheet (say, US Letter Borderless); my grid has slightly
fewer than 4 lines per inch. When I calculate the grid, I have no idea what
sort of paper it will be on; the calculations divide the printable area, and
their results are the same regardless of the paper type. I’m tearing my hair
out on this one.

I’m not scaling anything, so that’s not it. I’ve tried this on multiple brands
of printers; they all do the same thing, so I’m not suspicious of the drivers.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks,
Peg