Hmm this thread is rapidly heading towards moderation - like the last one we
had on vibrancy.

To the original poster - nice that you made the suggestion/bug report to Apple,
I don't think you're going to get far with that but who knows. I think the
effort involved in rolling your own moving window which copies the screen
background isn't going to be worthwhile, is going to be hard and probably
rather flaky and anyone who even notices will probably just notice it works
differently than everything else on the system and not like it. So I personally
think you're a bit wasting your time if you try to fake that effect. Just my
opinion.

And for anyone, like me, who doesn't like the vibrancy effect, you can turn it
off in preferences. I have (and my air battery lasts about 10% longer since I
did as well).