My App has one window which is displayed.  I want to display a sheet when a
button is clicked.

In the action for the button click I do:

    ETAboutWindowController *windowController = [[ETAboutWindowController
alloc] initWithWindowNibName:@"ETAboutWindowController"];
   [NSApp beginSheet:[windowController window] modalForWindow:[NSApp
mainWindow] modalDelegate:nil didEndSelector:nil contextInfo:nil];

The sheet displays like a modal window with no title bar rather than sliding
down from the main widow as I expect and the spinning beach ball appears.

What is my mistake here?

-rags