Hi Graham,

On 23/02/15 00:18, Graham Cox wrote:
Are you certain they're set up identically? I noticed a similar thing
recently with some labels coming up black and others responding to a change
in highlighting (these were part of a view-based table row) by changing to
white. I thought all of my labels were created equal, but on closer
examination I found that for some of them were set to use 'Label Color' and
others used 'Control Text Color'. Only the latter responds dynamically to
highlighting/background changes - at least in a table row. Most controls use
the latter setting, but Labels don't.

Having spotted it I fixed it and moved on without further investigation. I
created the labels using IB's 'label' object which defaults to Label Color,
changing this to Control Text Color fixed the issue.

I'm pretty certain that's not it. First I copied an existing label (that was colorized correctly) and connected the new label to a new outlet. When that showed the colorization issue, I started to try all kinds of things, including swapping outlets without changing either code or NSTextFields at all. The color change moved along as I connected different labels to the offending outlet name. Finally, I moved to a different window controller in my app and renamed an outlet, and sure enough the color change materialized.

Regards
Markus