You should read the docs and expect that some domains may require admin rights
or even possibly not be accessible by design.

From CFPreferences docs

Note that modification of some preferences domains (those not belonging to the
“Current User”) requires root privileges (or Admin privileges prior to OS X
v10.6)―see Authorization Services Programming Guide for information on how to
gain suitable privileges.

Sent from my iPhone