…
> I’d like to know if this behavior is expected or a bug

I didn’t look long at your code, but from what I saw, the behavior is expected.
You’re applying custom keys to the NSTextView/NSTextStorage that will not be
serialized when copy-pasting.

By default when you select some text in NSTextView and trigger a copy action,
the selected text will be vended on the pasteboard via some common data format
(eg: HTML, RTF, DOCX, etc) so the content can be pasted into another
application. Naturally these common data formats have no understanding of your
custom attribute keys, and thus cannot encode them.

If you need to preserve you own custom attributes when copy-pasting within your
app, you’ll need to override the copy-paste methods in your NSTextView subclass
to add a custom pasteboard data type with higher priority.

~Martin