I have a Core Data entity with a file attribute that is a path to a file on
disk. Eventually, that entity gets deleted on a private MOC.

I want to defer deleting the associated file until the main MOC is saved, so in
-prepareForDeletion, I check to see if the MOC has a parent MOC, and if not, I
delete the file. But at that point, it seems all the attributes have been set
to nil, including the file path attribute. This seems to go against the docs
which say "You can implement this method to perform any operations required
before the object is deleted, such as custom propagation before relationships
are torn down". In my case, the attributes are all nil, and the relationships
are faults.

Am I wrong to expect the object to still have its values at this point?

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com