I am implementing the Cocoa back end of a portable control library, and
have hit one particular strange problem.

The dialogs are frequently very complex, with areas showing different
groups of controls according to context. Individual controls are
shown/hidden by the higher level code to make this work. Radio buttons are
naturally implemented as an NSButton with suitable style.

I have just one dialog where some of the radio buttons are "dead". It seems
that the action callback, set with setAction: is not called some of the
time.

Initial studies suggest that this happens when a later radio button
(another NSButton, or rather the same descendent of NSButton) occupies the
same space. This later button is hidden (setHidden:true), but seems to be
somehow stopping the click getting to the rear control.

Tested:
- The front, invisible, control is not receiving an action callback either
- Disabling (setEnabled:false) the hidden control does not change anything

Can anyone make any suggestions about whether this diagnosis has any ring
of truth, and how to fix or further investigate it?

Thanks in advance.