I have a dialog which allows the user to select a folder containing data to be
processed, set various parameters that affect the processing, and displays the
result of the analysis. There is an NSPathControl (popup) to select the folder.
Inevitably the first thing the user does is choose a folder (and of course they
have the option of changing this later). I would like to simplify the workflow
by automatically popping up the "open" dialog when the main dialog is first
opened, as if the user has clicked on the path popup and selected "choose".
However, I can't work out an obvious way of triggering the path control to
behave as if the user has manually selected "choose" from the popup.

Is there a way I can do that? I could of course throw up my own "open" dialog
and programatically set the URL associated with the path control, but that
seems like unnecessary duplication of code when I could just call something
like [myPathControl displayChooseDialog] (if such a method existed!).

Can anyone suggest a way of doing what I want here?

Thanks for any suggestions
Jonny