> On 16 Mar 2015, at 12:24 pm, Patrick J. Collins
> <patr...@collinatorstudios.com> wrote:
>
> The docs say that with a view based table, the subviews (i.e. columns)
> should handle their own behavior, but-- how does a NSTextField (my cell
> view) know what row it's in, what column it is, etc... ?

Each row view has a view controller with properties that tell it these things?

The way I've done this in at least one project is to have a 'master' controller
that maintains list (array) of 'row' controllers, one per table row view. These
can usefully subclass NSViewController, since that's what they are. The
position in the master's list is the same as the row index, so the master
returns the view controller pertaining to the table's row as the "object" for
that row, which in turn handles the controls and views of the table row. I
haven't gone further to extend this to columns, as I have only used one-column
tables, but there's no reason you couldn't, or handle multiple columns with a
single controller, whichever makes most sense.

--Graham