Hi all,

Documentation states many of NSWorkspace methods cannot be used in a sandboxed
application. I wonder if that applies to registering and receiving
NSWorkspaceDidMountNotification and NSWorkspaceDidUnmountNotification
notifications.

I have a situation in which a sandboxed application (with no other
entitlements) contains a Finder Sync extension. The extension is also sandboxed
(with no other entitlements) and it contains an XPC service. The XPC service is
sandboxed, with one additional entitlement:

com.apple.security.temporary-exception.files.absolute-path.read-only = “/“

If I register to receive NSWorkspaceDidMountNotification and
NSWorkspaceDidUnmountNotification in either the application or the extension,
it works, notification are received correctly. However, if I register exactly
the same in the same way in the the XPC service, there are no notifications
received. I also don’t get any error nor logging message when registering for
those notifications in the XPC service.

Is this related to XPC service limitations or sandboxing limitations (I suppose
the former, since notifications are received in the application and extension,
which are also sandboxed)?

-- Dragan