> On 20 Mar 2015, at 22:25, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> I’m rewriting a large old C++ (PowerPlant!) project to Cocoa, and am thinking
> that I’m probably not going to use Core Data because of its uncertain future
> (I think Apple has been neglecting it lately, its incompatibility with newer
> ideas such as asynchronous saving, etc.), and the fact this app may not need
> undo/redo.  But I think I might use the Core Data Model Editor in Xcode
> anyhow because it is really nice, and even if I don’t use Core Data, the code
> generated by mogenerator could easily be grepped to subclass Realm or FMDB
> objects instead of NSManagedObject.

I don’t see that Apple has been neglecting Core Data. There’s been steady
incremental improvements over the last couple of WWDCs, the nicest of which is
proper drop-in support for iCloud with the two stores it manages automagically
for you. The changes they made to MOCs a few years back which use GCD make
async saving pretty easy and last year we also got batch updates and async
fetching.