I have an NSCheckbox in a view based NSOutlineView. I want to support
Control-click for the right click menu when a user control-clicks on the
cell. Right click works perfectly already per the standard NSOutlineView.
However because the NSCheckbox is eating the click, it doesn't do a right
click menu when you control-click.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjt5heg0mgotatd/Screenshot%202015-04-01%2008.34.26.png?dl=0

I've been trying different things, but via SO it seems like people subclass
NSButton to check for the control click:

- (void) mouseDown:(NSEvent *)theEvent

{

if ((theEvent.modifierFlags & NSControlKeyMask) == NSControlKeyMask)

{

// [[self nextResponder] rightMouseDown:theEvent];

}

else

[super mouseDown:theEvent];

}

However I now need to figure out how to get to the parent where a
rightMouseDown brings up the menu. I'm sure this can't be all that uncommon
- so what's the best way to handle this?