Yes I did make sure it had constraints.

To better illustrate, I’ve uploaded my test app to a repo on github:
https://github.com/sebastienboisvert/stackViewTableViewTest
<https://github.com/sebastienboisvert/stackViewTableViewTest>

The app has two windows: one with a single stackview only (which has the
desired behaviour), and the other with a tableview that contains stackviews.
Currently, both stackviews are configured exactly the same in IB. My goal is to
have the stackviews in the tableview behave the same as the one in the single
window.

You’ll see that in the single stackview window the stack will compress the
label, and drop the button views as needed; I’ve tried achieving the same
behaviour in the tableview version, but the best I ever got was compression (no
dropping) of all the views, which isn’t what I want (the current configuration
clips the views as the tableview width shrinks).

Ideally I want the right label to compress and not clip, then the buttons to
drop, before the left label starts truncating. The checkbox at left should
never drop (note that I haven’t gotten that fully working in the single
stackview yet in this demo, I’m mostly trying to get the tableview stacks to
behave similarly for now).

I’m not sure if this is an issue with my configuration of the views, or if
there’s some extra configurations that need to be done higher up the hierarchy
(NSTableRowView/NSTableCellView//NSTableView?)