> On 14 Apr 2015, at 22:00, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:

>> Excellent advice. I have been following this since hours.
>>
>> As to supportedInterfaceOrientations:
>> All my subclasses of UIViewController have this implemented - none gets ever
>> called.
>>
>> - (NSUInteger)supportedInterfaceOrientations
>> {
>>      UIInterfaceOrientationMask mask = UI_USER_INTERFACE_IDIOM() ==
>> UIUserInterfaceIdiomPhone ?
>>
>> UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortrait |
>> UIInterfaceOrientationMaskPortraitUpsideDown :
>>
>> UIInterfaceOrientationMaskAll;
>>      NSLog(@“%s %#lx”,__FUNCTION__,mask); ← never seen this
>>      return mask;
>> }
>>

> Which of them would you have expected to be called? Which one is the root
> view controller or topmost presented view controller that fills the window?
> As per the documentation
>
> “the system calls this method on the root view controller or the topmost
> presented view controller that fills the window"

I obviously have some problems understanding the documentation.
My app is just the what Xcode gives me for iOS Master-Detail.
There are MasterViewController (UITableViewController) and DetailViewController
: UIViewController

I just created a SplitViewController : UISplitViewController, which implements
just one method: supportedInterfaceOrientations and now everything works as
intended.

So: what is the point of the checkboxes and Info.plist?

Anyway. Thanks to your help I have it now working. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Gerriet.