I’m experiencing a crash in what looks like Swift-library code in preparation
for a call from NSTextView to my delegate method. I put a breakpoint on my
method, but the crash seems to happen before actually getting into my code.

To see if the problem could be reproduced succinctly, I took an old demo
program and made its Document class implement NSTextViewDelegate. Now exactly
the same crash happens in that project, which you can find at
https://github.com/CharlesJenkins/ZoomableTextView

To see the crash, just run the program, select a word in the editor, and press
Command-B. (The crash won’t happen for normal typing, and if you comment out
the line that sets the text view delegate, Command-B will work normally.)

Is this a disaster in Swift-to-ObjC bridging, or have I done something wrong to
cause it?

—

Charles