On 01 May 2015, at 04:15, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
> When the calculation for a tile is finished, it calls its delegate to tell it
> it has finished. The delegate is the original view. I use
> -performSelectorOnMainThread: to notify the delegate.

Idea: Have you tried using
performSelectorOnMainThread:withObject:waitUntilDone:modes: and making sure to
not just pass NSDefaultRunLoopMode but also NSEventTrackingRunLoopMode (and
maybe even NSModalPanelRunLoopMode)?

The run loop that runs while the menus are pulled down is the tracking mode, so
your messages may not fire because of that, and maybe you have an issue where,
after a while, somehow they don’t fire at all even after tracking?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de