I would like to subclass NSSlider to make it work like the "volume control" on
a mid 19th-century radio receiver. That is, I want the minimum value to be at 7
o'clock, and the maximum value to be at 5 o'clock.  There two issues in using
the circular version of NSSlider for this:

1.  There is no dead zone between the minimum and maximum settings.  (What were
they thinking?)
2.  The min and max settings are at the top, 12 o'clock.

I've solved the first issue by overriding -closestTickMarkValueToValue:.  (Oh,
I'm also using "detents", allowsTickMarkValuesOnly = YES).

I think I could solve the second issue with more complicated code in
-closestTickMarkValueToValue:, but I'd also need to remap the values somehow
and this might be a mess.  So I was wondering if instead there was an easy way
to rotate the control on the screen by, say 165 degrees.

Am I correct that the answer is "no"?  Keep in mind that we're not just drawing
here; this is a control; we need mouse clicks, etc.

Indeed, I'm not much of a drawing and graphics guy.