On 15 May 2015, at 21:37, Gary Ash <gary....@icloud.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to programmatically add a link to an app to Finder’s toolbar.
> I’ve found that dragging  an app onto the toolbar works like a charm and adds
> a dictionary entry to NSToolbar Configuration Browser->TB Item Plists in the
> format:

 One thing to note: Users can easily remove items from the toolbar again, as
well as hide the toolbar in Finder. It might be a better idea to implement a
service that shows up in Finder’s contextual menu, as well as in the “Services”
menu, which is a supported mechanism for extending the Finder. This way, you
can also have several service entries that directly trigger different actions
in your application.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de