The exception I was getting was from a binding established in IB, which is a bit of a worry, but it prompts me to ask whether I'm pursuing the right road.

What I have is an NSTableView (still cell-based, moving to view-based is further down the track), and then a bunch of buttons that need to be enabled only when there is a selection in the table. Binding to the selection property of the array controller with NSNotNil doesn't work. Binding to selectionIndexes.count (which works as 0 or 1) does work, but this is the binding where I get the exception. Finding that binding was trial and error, as I haven't really found a good guide to this whole area, so I would be happy to have a better solution.

John
--
John Brownie, john_brow...@sil.org or j.brow...@sil.org.pg
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.