> > there's been some renewed interest from the xml pmc in using cocoon2 to
> > generate part or all of xml.apache.org. do y'all think c2 is stable and
> > capable of performing that job? does anyone have any particular interest
> > in spearheading this? i don't think it should be too hard to transform
> > the
> > stylebook map files into c2 sitemap files, at least as a starting
> > point...
>
> I've pondered a little about it. The tricky part is the navigation bar. I've
> tried to make a general pipeline snipped to achieve that but havn't had much
> luck so far because of the fact that some links are active (the current page)
> and other are not which a XSP has to recognize. I've tried to implement it as a
> logicsheet which indeed would be a great convenience for all C2 users serving
> sites of types like the xml.apache.org.

What I did to archieve this is to a have a general sitemap xml (as a non-cocoon term)
file with a definition of all accessible files and menus and their URIs.
I pass the current URI via XSP and in the stylesheet you can quite easily select
the current page an/or hide different levels of navigation by comparing the URIs.

My 2 cents...
--
Torsten