Donald,

Did you try using the JPDA?
------------------------------------
<faq>
  <question>
  How do i debug @docname@ using JDK1.3+?
  </question>
  <answer>
    With JDK1.3, you can set the TOMCAT_OPTS (for Tomcat 3.X) or CATALINA_OPTS
    (for Tomcat 4.X) as shown below (on Win2K) and then attach the debugger to
    localhost:8000 using "<code>jdb -attach myhost:8000</code>" More information can
be found at
    <link href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3.0/docs/guide/jpda/conninv.html";>JPDA -
Connection and
Invocation Details</link>.
    <source>
<![CDATA[
set TOMCAT_OPTS=-classic -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000
]]>
    </source>
    <note>
    This method is supposed to work under JBuilder4.0 as well.
    </note>
  </answer>
</faq>
------------------------------------

Thanks,
dims

--- Donald Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
> > Anyone using a debugger on Cocoon?
> > (The stop/deploy/start cycle make me mad 8-|)
> >
> > I'm not quite sure to how to make my Tomcat4+C2 combo
> > startup in debug mode so I can connect.
>
> you can supposedly start t4 in a debugger:
>
> catalina.sh debug
>
> or something similar, but it doesn't work for me.
>
> - donald

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI