> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> Checked in changes to allow custom 404 page. To use it, just add
> something like this
> to your <map:pipeline>:
>
>    <map:handle-errors type="404">
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/error2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
>    </map:handle-errors>
>
> Other possible value for type attribute is 500 - which is
> default; the meaning for 500 type
> erorr handler is the same as before, and type attribute is
> optional (preserving old syntax).

Could you explain this a little bit more. I assume that the
404 is equivalent to the ResourceNotFoundException, right?
So if this exception is thrown somewhere (e.g. in a generator)
the above error handler is called.
But what does error type 500 mean? Every exception?
Can I have two (or even more) map:handle-errors in one
pipeline?

> It is allowed to use own generator:
>
>    <map:handle-errors type="404">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="my404.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/page2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
>    </map:handle-errors>
>
> Every <map:pipeline> might have own customized 404 page; if no
> page is specified,
> CocoonServlet will process an error. If request did not match any
> pipeline, 404 page from
> last pipeline will be used.
Did I get this right? If I have two map:pipeline sections and no
match is found and the second pipeline has no customized 404 page
then the one of the first map:pipeline is used?

Hm, I'm sorry, but I think changes like this should a) first
discussed before checking in and b) first checked in into the
2.1 branch.
There were months ago many discussions about this features
among with a customizable ErrorGenerator. That was very close
to this solution, but the team agreed to drop it.

I don't want to say that your solution is bad or wrong, but
I would like to have only few changes to c2 to get a final
release.

Carsten

www.sundn.de                          mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]