----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Apache Cocoon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:44 AM
Subject: [picky-mode] scratchpad 2.0

>My proposal turn an individually-oriented R&D location into a
>community-oriented R&D location.

This makes me think that it could be an idea to informally nominate
developers to basic community roles.
For example, IMO it's important that we show that we value patches. It's one
of the basic rules of opensource.
It would be nice if someone is appointed to check that status, changes, etc
are uptodate and that people carry on tasks, like the ones Sourceforge
provides.

>  4) each area contains an 'INSTALL' file that indicates how to install
> the 'area' on top of Cocoon and try it out.
>
> What do you think?

I think it's cool.
I would suggest that each area has its own build.xml, and that it's
referenced from the main one.
If the interactive build patch is committed, I can add a whiteboard build
that exposes these builds.
In this way, to try whiteboard stuff you just need to select a build.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
These are the days of miracle and wonder...