Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:29:08 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
> I noticed in your TreeProcessor implementation that you in fact
> duplicate a lot of code which is in the Handler class. I am trying to
> come up with a scheme where by simply changing the Handler class, and
> maybe the SitemapManager, you can hook up different engines for the
> sitemap.
>
> This would allow me for example to hook up a totally new, Scheme
> based, implementation of the sitemap. Perhaps you can do exactly the
> same thing with the TreeProcessor implementation.

If that's the case, explore using the Factory pattern.  The Handler class
then becomes a base class, and any time you need to create a new Handler,
you call the Factory to get the new instance (which is an extension of
Handler).

That would require a one time change to the SitemapManager--but after that,
it is fairly trivial to change the implementation of the Handler.  It still
isn't a Component, but it follows the same pattern that the ComponentHandler
stuff works on in Excalibur.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin