From: Horst Rutter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 11:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Generator for SQL Server

My point is we could avoid the conversion of SQL result rows into XML in
Cocoon alltogether
if we query SQL Server for an XML result document, which is one of the
features of SQL Server 2000.
There is no JDBC involved.
I am not sure but I think they are using HTTP instead to talk to the SQL
Server.
Yes, you lose portability but you may gain a significant boost by avoiding
all the XSP/action/transformer
work needed right now to convert SQL result rows into XML.

BTW if you are looking for an alternative to the MS JDBC driver.
Someone on this list recommended the i-net drivers to me:
http://www.inetsoftware.de/English/Produkte/JDBC_Overview/ms.htm

Horst