Ivelin,

I'm following up on the dev group as not to scare users off.

> The HowtoWizardAction has an identical role as a Struts action.
> It makes the decision, which is the following *logical* page to go to.
> Notice that the *sitemap* converts the logical name to a *URL*!

*so* ?

> Actions are appropriate for evaluating the current form content,
> applying business rules and making decision what is the next logical
> page to go to. Actions *do not* deal with absolute *URL*s and they
> *only* aware and interested in pages which immediately follow as a
> result of the Action processing.

I disagree.  Thats one solution.  I'm going to look at doing other
things for the bringmethis auction example.  I don't like the use of
actions here.  Most of my actions are trivial classes, and the complex
ones I'm convinced can be handled via the sitemap.

> In real world application decisions for the outcome of form submit can
> be quite complex, requiring the Action to consult with the business
> layer and possibly the database and other resources.

I disagree.  In most real world applications, the decisions for handling
the outcome of a form submit is simple.  What you do with that output is
complex.  But using the Action to route to pages is not only "page"
centric (which I find inappropriate) but creates a larger compile test
debug loop and is very akward.  Finding a sitemap approach is much
cleaner.

-Andy.