"Andrew C. Oliver" wrote:

> >> Yes, this is much more complicated than it should be. The best solution
> >> would be to make only source distributions and skip the binary ones :(
> >> Or to make two binary distributions, one for JDK 1.3 and one for JDK
> >> 1.4...
> >

> > I would say, let's make two binary dists and get over with this.
> > It seems that there are many more issues than we are aware of.
> >
> +1 - 1.4 is the JDK of pain.

1.4 is not a pain, 1.3 was a pain, at least when you have to
handle it for different Linux distributions. v1.3 from sun was not running on SuSE,
that one from IBM was not running on RedHat. v1.4 runs on both, thats why I switched
to JDK1.4 with cocoon2.0.2
I would vote for supporting JDK1.4 only.

Michael