> From: Diana Shannon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 07:36  AM, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>
> > For simple samples (e.g. 'hello world', 'svg') this file can be the
> > front-page, and then it's worth it. But the samples with their own
> > layout
> > and styles would like to have their own front-page (i18n, flow).
> >
> > So, I'd like to use a description from the sitemap for the
> page with the
> > samples list and samples should provide a default matcher
> displaying the
> > desired front-page.
> >
> > If you explain what else can be added to the sample.xml document
> > except a
> > short description then I'll change my opinion.
>
> We still need to treat (and manage) samples consistently (from a CMS
> point of view), regardless of their internal "skins" -- or even front
> page. "Dynamic" samples may need to be managed similarly to static
> documents.
>
> You may need to add
>   - short as well as long description content (i.e. with
> block elements)
>   - implementation-specific info (some of the *same* samples have
> slightly different implementations, based on where they are located,
> e.g.  2.0.3 versus 2.1) This is critical info, IMHO.
> - versioning info (when samples change, users may want to
> know. I know
> *I* do)
> - topic info (so you can add links to samples from static docs in a
> How-To or tutorial, or some other doc ... )
> - component dependencies (what needs updating when something
> in source
> changes)
> - targeted user info (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
>
> etc. etc. etc.
>
> Does this help to convince you of the need?

Looks to me like an advanced samples.xml (that is currently used). So, seems
that we have a few options:
        - leave everything as is: declare samples in centralized samples.xml
and keep it up-to-date. The samples.xml can be distributed with the samples
archive (say a Samples block).
        - let every sample provide it's own info and autogenerate the
samples front page from them

Both approaches has its pros and cons, so maybe we can start a voting
procedure on this?