Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

> Hi colleagues!
>
> An idea just came to me: what if all the sitemap files where located under
> the WEB-INF directory and be mounted from the one that is called 'sitemap'
> (or configured on xconf)? So, there can be:
>         sitemap.xmap - the root sitemap
>         samples.xmap - samples sub-sitemap
>         docs.xmap - documentation sub-sitemap
>
> This can serve for two purposes: better security (it's said that WEB-INF is
> the most secure place in webapp context) and better managebility.
>
> E.g. for Forrest I definitely see a need for sub-sitemaps, otherwise we will
> end up with a huge and messy sitemap, but as Forrest should pull
> documentation from multiple projects (from CVS) which does not contain any
> sitemaps, so we are stuck to a single sitemap.
>
> What do you think? Is it possible now? This should be as simple as using
> another name (not 'sitemap') for the subsitemap and specify the needed 'src'
> in map:mount. Am I right?

-1

The fact that sitemaps are 'relocatable' allows people to give different
access control to different parts of the URI space. Placing them all in
one directory forces more overlap between the various sitemap managers
of the variuos places of the URI space

NOTE: nothing stops you from moving all your sitemaps in one location
*NOW*, but I don't want to force people to do it.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                             Friedrich Nietzsche