-=Ivelin=-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: XInclude/CInclude Issue (Re: including dynamic data
withXMLForm)

> Np.  I'm 1/4 cocoon-developer (I've submitted several patches including
> SQLTransformer, ESQL and of course the HSSFSerializer).  I just don't
> happen to fit in because I don't like Avalon too much.

No offense intended ;)

> XInclude seemed insistent on real Files.  CInclude looked newer and
> more....avalonistic (which cocoon developers seem to like).  So CInclude
> started working for me immediately but was including too much.  XInclude
> didn't work at all (kept trying to find a real file).
>
> I can probably merge the XInclude functionality into the CInclude
> transformer and submit a patch for that if you like.

I would certainly appreciate that. It seems like you're becoming the de
facto maintainer for X/CInclude, since noone else is responding at this
time.

Ivelin

> -Andy
>

> On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 23:46, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the patch Oliver. That's how active I like most cocoon-users
> > be like ;)
> >
> > BTW, I was under the impression that it was recently decided that we
will
> > merge XInclude and CInclude's code bases.
> > Only XInclude would remain with the added ability to act on both
XInclude
> > and CInclude's namespaces.
> > How did you decide to improve CInclude vs fixing XInclude.
> >

> > -=Ivelin

file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/bringmethis/content/form/cocoon:/cat

Which
> > (as

> > URL.
<cinclude:include>

xmlns:xf="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/2002";

> > xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0";>

src="cocoon:/categories_combo.xml"
> > />

> > xmlns:xf="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/2002";>

file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/bringmethis/content/form/categories_

> > generated
> > the

src="stylesheets/categories2combo.xsl"/>

> > selectUIType="listbox">

> > and

> > back

Document