Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Today I tried to find out how much faster XSLTC compared to Xalan is. My
>result: there is hardly any difference in performance (maybe XSLTC is
>slightly faster).

Just some thoughts : XSLTC translates a stylesheet to a class, and this
process is time consuming. Are we sure this happens only the first time
the stylesheet is used by Cocoon ?

This needs to be checked, since regenerating the class file each time
certainly ruins any performance benefits.

Also, considering this compile-once stuff is ok, measurements should not
take into account the *first* execution of the stylesheet in order to
really measure the transformation time.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez